PATMOS Center Activities
- Ongoing Pastoral Formation Sustainable for the Clergy and the Laity: The Pastoral understanding of our Priests: Diocesan and other religious priests who have been in the pastoral ministry for five to seven years are invited to come in this center to update their theological understanding in order to remain current and effective in their pastoral ministry. This takes two to four weeks.
- Seminar for Christian Families: The couples who are living marriage life are invited to this center for different courses such as on AIDS, Current marriage problems, current challenges of Marriage and family, sexual morality etc.
- Seminar for Catechists: Seminar for the Catechists: religious seminar for teachers who are in our schools and other Catholic schools: kindergartens, primary schools, secondary schools and vocational training centers.
- Seminar for Youth: Catechesis for youth: in our primary and secondary schools, there are young people who have not yet received the sacraments of Christian initiation that is Baptism, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation. The center will be used for catechesis for these young people.
- Seminar for Laymen: Seminar for lay Christians: Updating seminars on Bible knowledge, public associations and participation of lay Christians in the pastoral ministry, the collaboration between ordained ministers and lay Christians.
- Retreat for Priests and Laity: Annual retreats for Priests and lays Christians and monthly recollection for Priests and Christians.
- Monthly Recollection for the Priests and the Laity: Seminar and recollection before the General Chapter of our society.
- Seminar and Retreat before Meetings of Religious Communities: Prayer and meeting of the five communities in the Opus Spiritus Sancti. The founder of the Apostolic life of Community Priests in the Opus Spiritus Sancti founded other four communities. These communities are united together by the Federation Statutes recognized by the Holy See. Every year, Tuesday after Pentecost, the members of the five communities in the Opus Spiritus Sancti, meet together for prayer. This day is called: Day of Opus. The ongoing formation center will be used for this purpose. Moreover, the five communities in the Opus Spiritus Sancti meet regularly for what is called in the Federation Statutes Regional Assembly. The ongoing formation center will be used for such meetings.
- Various Meetings of the Christian Cult (Ecumenism): There is always a need to continually struggle to cultivate a harmonious co-existence of the different religious denominations existing in our country. Cooperation and mutual assistance fosters peaceful co-existence and respect. Our ongoing formation is good for our priests, lay Christians and members of other religious denominations.
- Interreligious Dialogue: Meeting of Christians denominations and non Christian denominations.
ALCP/OSS PATMOS CENTER
Headquaters: Moshi - Kilimanjaro
Phone: +255 756 011 254
This Website is Developed and Hosted at: Instant Progress ICT
All Rights Reserved. ©2010 - 2019